Wednesday, August 8, 2012

99% Procrastination, 1% Preparation

We’ve heard a lot of talk in the past few weeks about how difficult it can be to plan an excellent adventure like the one we have in store.  We’ve found that the more you procrastinate and the fewer important things you focus on, the better off you are.  Let’s take a gallery walk through the photo compilation we’ve entitled “Packing: ‘drew Style.”

Apparently, you need something called a passport to leave the country of your own volition.  I thought it was a free country, but I guess you have to pay 195 bones to take a vacation.  Probably a result of ObamaCare or something. 
Needless to say, I waited until less than a week before the trip to take care of my most crucial piece of planning.  (Talk about “Fran-Drew!”)  I had to go to a passport processing center in Norwalk, Connecticut, for four hours (not quite as bad as it sounds).  I then had to pay almost two hundred bucks (worse than it sounds—I’m broke) to expedite processing of my passport.  The best part of this ongoing mystery is that I’m not sure if I will even get the thing.  Kendrew, on the other hand, has figured out some ways to keep his mind off of such problems…

That’s an ice luge shaped like a naked lady that he brought out to the Hamptons last week.  She’s quite a butterface.  It’s important to remember that Kendrew had already located his passport.  However, he has been finding some ways to prepare for the trip between makeout sessions with the ice luge.
Figured out how to rotate it on MS Word, but it kept flipping back when I posted it here.

Kendrew has done research on how to say “Can I kiss you?” in several of the languages we will use during our adventure.  How do you say, “I promise I’m not creepy,” in German?
While helpless in most other ways, Frandrew has succeeded in making good friends.  Thanks, Laura, for the awesome care package and to-do list for our trip!

When our backs are against the wall, the Drews always pull it together.  Kendrew bought one backpack and came up with another (Thanks, Eric!) and we’re eagerly awaiting take-off in five days.  Stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment